Typical process for selling your house with the Van Dyke Team
The process of professionally representing you in the sale of your property involves many hours of careful attention as well as being readily available. You should NOT hire "just anyone" for this task.
Below list of things typically required for properly listing and selling your property for top dollar. This list is not exhaustive, usually all of these tasks are completed by the Van Dyke Team on their listings.
Full Service Listing Tasks
1) find out what your property is worth [click here]
2) get a "sale proceeds estimate" [call Eric or Joel and ask for a NET SHEET on your house]
3) if you are also buying, decide what your price range is [contact Tony Wylie with 5th/3rd]
4) find out what you can buy in that price range [hire the Van Dyke Team as your buyer's agent team]
5) listing appointment consultation [Call the Van Dyke Team at 616-264-3626]
6) recommend only repairs that will help home sell quicker and for higher price
7) recommend qualified contractors for repairs
8) review and fill out paperwork
9) effective staging recommendations
10) professional photography
11) yard and neighborhood sign(s)
12) install secure electronic lockbox
13) order preliminary title work
14) compose effective MLS listing
15) feature listing on certain 3rd party real estate websites
16) listing video produced and uploaded to youtube.com, RE/MAX.com, etc.
17) custom listing on remax.com(most used franchise real estate site)
18) craigslist ad
19) direct email advertising to select agents
20) post property listing on Linked-in
21) weekly RE/MAX seller reports showing neighborhood sales activity
22) qualifying and manage showing requests from other agents
23) solicit and track showing feedback from showings
24) handle sign calls immediately - we answer our phones 6 days per week.
25) followup with previously interested parties
26) negotiate and advise on received offers
27) further qualify buyers based on strength of written offer to purchase
28) present and review purchase agreement and review items that are critical to your specific sale.
29) schedule buyers inspections
30) order/coordinate any required municipal inspections for sale
31) oversee buyer's lender progress
32) advise on property possession questions
33) coordinate closing date and location
34) review preliminary HUD1 settlement statement prior to closing
35) attend closing
36) recommend and supply utility transfer info
37) available for followup questions
38) if needed, help find your next home!
The Van Dyke Team is specialized to market your property properly and to represent you professionally throughout the transaction to closing.
From a specialty marketing standpoint, whether The Van Dyke Team employs a broker open house, implements one of many cooperative marketing strategies, or utilizes researched and target direct mailing, your home is marketed properly and creatively to the most qualified buyers; along with expert negotiating outlined below, they produce maximum yield for your property.
Benefits with a Top Rated Negotiator
1. Better Offer and Counter Offer Structures
2. Better Positional Value of Earnest Money
3. Better Understanding of Primary Interests
4. Understanding Your Plan B – Walk Away
5. Understanding How the Other Side Works
6. Being Able to Navigate All of the Potential Financial Pitfalls that Come with Selling Real Estate
Hiring someone to help achieve your greatest Net Profit, is a combination of both marketing efforts and negotiation skills. Just because someone’s commission is stated to be lower, their services, knowledge and experience as a negotiator is not necessarily up to par and the likely result is lost net profit.