Douglas MI is located in Allegan County and is by Lake Michigan and the Kalamazoo Lake. According to the 2010 census the population was recorded at 1,232. Douglas was settled in 1851 as a town built on the limber business. It was originally known as Dudleyville. The name was changed in 1861 to Douglas in honor to the American statesman Stephen A Douglas. Douglas has many art galleries which include, LaFontsee Galleries, Water Street Gallery, Button Gallery, Kubiak Gallery and Lynn Newman Gallery. The town is also a major area for tourism and resorts.
Listing information is provided through IDX through RealComp II Ltd. All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Copyright 2019 Realcomp II Ltd.